A Guide to the River Walk for Every Month in 2024
January 5, 2024
New year, new adventures along the San Antonio River Walk! If you’re planning a trip to the Alamo City in 2024, you can’t miss out on exploring this iconic gem. Fun fact: We proudly hold the title of Texas’s #1 visited attraction! No matter the month, the San Antonio River Walk offers a blend of cultural experiences, entertainment, and scenic beauty throughout the year. Check out our quick guide to a calendar jam-packed with activities, ideas, and inspiration that are sure to steal your heart:
- Take advantage of the cooler weather for strolls and sightseeing along the Downtown River Walk, Museum + Mission Reach.
- Shop local from 40+ vendors at our Winter Artisan Show!
- Head to Pearl to experience DreamWeek and its Dream Stage.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with romantic riverboat cruises and dinners at riverside restaurants.
- Let the good times roll and experience our Mardi Gras Day Parade along the Downtown and Museum Reach section of the river.
- Explore the Love Lock Bridge or Marriage Island with that special someone!
- Experience our Mardi Gras Artisan Show along the downtown River Walk.
- Welcome the spring season with a kayaking tour along the river.
- Join in the festivities of St. Patrick’s Day with themed events like our annual festival, parade, and river dyeing!
- Embrace the sunshine and explore the River Walk Public Art Garden.
- Let’s Fiesta with our Texas Cavaliers River Parade + Fiesta Artisan Show.
- Get active and take a FREE yoga class at Confluence Park along the Mission Reach.
- Enjoy outdoor dining and live music along the river at Little Rhein Prost Haus, Carriqui, and La Gloria Pearl.
- Find the perfect souvenir to take home and shop our Memorial Day Artisan Show.
- Embark on a spiritual journey and explore the San Antonio Missions with the El Camino de San Antonio trail.
- Celebrate love at our annual Pride Parade along the Downtown River Walk and Museum Reach section.
- Visit Pearl and dance the night away at its Sound Cream Sunset Sessions.
- Experience the Mission Reach via bike ride, bird watching, and fishing.
- Celebrate Independence Day with our Salute at Sunset event.
- Cool off by taking a dip at a rooftop pool.
- Take a self-care day and visit Hiatus Spa at Pearl, The Spa at Hotel Contessa, and Mokara Hotel & Spa.
- Stay cool indoors and visit one of the many museums located along the river, including the Briscoe Western Art Museum, San Antonio Museum of Art, and The Witte.
- Visit Shops at Rivercenter for family-friendly activities, such as Legoland Discovery Center, SEA LIFE, and Liggettville.
- Grab a cup of coffee at one of our favorite java shops along the river.
- Explore the oldest neighborhood in San Antonio and visit La Villita, located right along the river.
- Experience the ultimate foodie event with our annual Drift & Dine event.
- Embrace the autumn leaves and marvel at the massive cypress trees along the downtown River Walk.
- Honor + celebrate your loved ones at the Day of the Dead festival at La Villita and the annual Day of the Dead River parade.
- Taste dishes from some of the best chefs around the US at the Tasting Texas Wine & Food Festival.
- Enjoy the fall colors and take a Museum Reach boat tour with Go Rio Cruises.
- Kick off the holiday season with our Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony.
- Explore the King William District and shop locally at Bluestar Arts Complex.
- Indulge in our culinary scene and travel the world at these five River Walk restaurants.
- Immerse yourself in the magical holiday spirit with 100,000 dazzling lights along the River Walk.
- Attend Pearl’s Holiday Night Market + the Holiday River Walk Artisan Show.
- Experience a unique hot cocoa cruise along the Downtown River Walk and a Christmas tree light show at Museum Reach’s Lock and Dam.
BONUS: Take a look at our reel that showcases the River Walk and its beauty every month!