August 22, 2020 | 5:00PM - 10:30PM
Location: River Walk, 600 E. Market Street (river level)
Volunteers needed from 2:30 - 7 PM, Sign-up link will be added here as event draws closer.
Volunteers receive a free lantern, meal, snack, and water.
- Lantern launch begins at 8 p.m.- please don't launch early
- The launch area has QUADRUPLED in size from 2018
- 2020 Selling Stations will be noted on the map as
- Selling stations will be open from 5-10 p.m. or until sold out (start time subject to change)
- lanterns and illuminated butterfly sticks sold at the event
- Credit card sales available at the event
- Cash (small bills) are encouraged since lanterns are sold at an affordable cost of $5 each (tax included)
- Will Call pick-up for online sales will be marked on 2020 map as date draws closer
- Decorating stations will be located on the river level. Please return markers after use so others may enjoy the supplies
- Bathrooms are available under the Convention Center glass skywalk bridge as well as port-o-lets around the ticket sales areas on street level
- Elevator access from street level to river level is available in the Convention Center, Shops at Rivercenter, and at Alamo and Commerce St. (near the Torch of Friendship)
- Nearby parking is marked on the map
- Two launch areas: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (600 E. Market St.) and Shops at Rivercenter (849 E. Commerce St.)
Admission is free. Lanterns are $5 each at the event or online in advance here.