August 24, 2019 | 5:00PM - 10:30PM
Location: River Walk, 600 E. Market Street (river level)
Volunteer needed from 2:30 - 7 PM, Click here to sign up.
Volunteers receive a free lantern, meal, snack, and water.
- Lantern launch begins at 8 p.m.- please don't launch before
- The launch area has QUADRUPLED in size from 2018
- There will be 4 lantern selling areas with a total of 44 selling lanes (see map for locations)
- Selling stations will be open from 5-10 p.m. or until sold out
- There will be 20,000 lanterns available plus 2,000 illuminated butterfly sticks
- There will be only ONE credit card lane offered at each of the 4 selling areas
- Cash (small bills) are encouraged since lanterns are sold at an affordable cost of $5 each (tax included)
- There will be ONE dedicated Will Call Station at each selling station
- There will be FOUR decorating stations located on the river level. Please return markers after use so others may enjoy the supplies
- Bathrooms are available under the Convention Center glass skywalk bridge as well as port-o-lets around the ticket sales areas on street level
- Elevator access from street level to river level is available in the Convention Center, Shops at Rivercenter, and at Alamo and Commerce St. (near the Torch of Friendship)
- Nearby parking is marked on the map
- Two launch areas: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (600 E. Market St.) and Shops at Rivercenter (849 E. Commerce St.)
Admission is free. Lanterns are $5 each at the event or online in advance here.
Entertainment will be provided from 6-8 p.m. on stage at the Shops at Rivercenter and from boats in the convention center lagoon. Come downtown early and make a day of it!