THE RIVERWALK VIRTUAL 5K IS A VIRTUAL EVENT OR YOU CAN RUN ALONG THE BEAUTIFUL RIVER WALK ROUTE AT YOUR CONVENIENCE. PLEASE FOLLOW LOCAL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS.
Join us for the Bud Light River Walk Virtual 5K run/walk to support the San Antonio River Walk Association and Friends of the River Walk. This event supports two local nonprofit River Walk organizations directly impacted by the downturn of the tourism industry due to COVID-19. Use this run/walk as a way to stay active, compete against family and friends, or a chance to enjoy the beautiful San Antonio River Walk! 100% of the proceeds will go to the Friends of the River Walk, a 501(c)(3). The San Antonio River Walk Association (SARWA) and Friends of the River Walk promote, preserve, and protect the San Antonio River Walk.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up for the 5K . By signing up, you automatically become a member of the Friends of the River Walk.
- Download and print your race bib.
- It’s your race! Run, Walk; on the River Walk, indoors, or outside in your own neighborhood. You set the pace.
- River Walk t-shirts/caps are given to those who complete and post their results to the official race results page and submit a photo on social media.
HOW TO COMPLETE:
- Register for the race.
- Choose a location.
- Submit your results either by text message or email (if you’ve opted in) or by heading to the results page here by the deadline of December 31st at 11:59 PM (Central Time). Results update in real-time as people submit their times.
- Earn your River Walk t-shirt or cap by taking a selfie with your bib on and post on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #BudLightVirtual5K, #SARiverWalk, #SilverEagleBeverages.
- After we verify your entry and submission of your photo on social media, your River Walk t-shirt or cap will be mailed to the shipping address provided during registration.
Registration is LIMITED. Only 1,000 spots are available. The distance is 5K/3.1 miles.
Virtual 5k – $35
*Registrants can run/walk multiple times to try and beat your first time or to compete against your friends and family.
No refunds for this event.
SUBMIT RESULTS AND POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Runners can submit their results through text or email (if opted in) or through the runsignup.com results page from November 7th through December 31st (11:59 Central Time). Post your picture wearing your race bib on Facebook or Instagram using #BudLightVirtual5K, #SARiverWalk, and #SilverEagleBeverages. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
RIVER WALK T-SHIRT OR CAP:
All participants who submit their results and post a picture to social media will receive a River Walk t-shirt or cap. T-shirts or caps will be mailed out beginning December 7th using the address provided during registration.