San Antonio River Authority River Kayaking on the
Advanced Reservation Required | Not a guided tour! | Available 8am-11am on weekends, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays now through November 7th
Kayak Rentals (Not a guided tour)
Rent a kayak and enjoy kayaking along the famous San Antonio River Walk as it winds through the world-famous Downtown Business District. This is a wonderful easy 4-mile flat-water kayak trip which is great for beginner kayakers and families.
- Kayaks have a maximum weight limit of 250 lbs.
- PARENT MUST ACCOMPANY ANY CHILD 12 – 17 YEARS OLD ON THE WATER. NO CHILDREN UNDER AGE 12.
- This is NOT a guided kayak tour, you are free to enjoy the river on your own.
- $50 Rental is for 2 hours for a single adult kayak (1 Adult = 12+); there is not a rental option for youth under 12.
- Kayak, paddles, life vest, and launch fee is included in the 2 hour rental fee
Kayak Launch Fee (Not a rental or guided tour) No Inflatable Kayaks Allowed
Bring your own kayak, paddles, and life vest, and enjoy kayaking along the famous San Antonio River Walk as it winds through the world-famous Downtown Business District. This is a wonderful easy 4-mile flat-water kayak trip which is great for beginner kayakers and families.
- You must bring your own kayak, paddles, and life jacket.
- Only kayaks are allowed on the water, other personal equipment, such as paddleboards, etc. , will NOT be approved to launch. No inflatable kayaks allowed.
- This is a fee to enter the water with your own equipment.
- You must check-in, sign a waiver, and launch (and exit) from the river level behind the Tobin Center.
- Kayakers on the river without a paid wristband will be asked to exit the river immediately.
- Life jackets have to be worn at all times.
- You may not dock your kayak on the side of the river or leave your kayak unattended.
- PARENT MUST ACCOMPANY ANY CHILD 17 YEARS OLD ON THE WATER. No children under age 12.
How to Find Us
- Look for the Mission Adventure Tours A-frame sign and flag near the intersection of Lexington Avenue and Auditorium Circle behind the Tobin center.
- Check-in will be on the river level behind the Tobin Center.
Where to Park
- There are several parking lots and garages near the Tobin Center, as well as street metered parking.
- Parking IS NOT included in the rental or launch fee price.
- The area has downtown standard sized parking spots and large oversized vehicles such as trailers are not recommended.
What to Bring
- A water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat are good to bring along. You will be standing in a few inches of water to get in and out of the kayak so bring shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (i.e. strap on sandals or water shoes). Kayaking is a water sport and you will get wet. It is a good idea to bring a change of clothes. Bring some type of waterproof bag to keep your keys and cellphone in or you can rent a dry bag from Mission Kayak for $5.00 on the day of your trip.
***There is a $10 cancelation fee per rental, $5 per launch fee if you wish to cancel your reservation. Refunds will be received through the original payment method, less the cancelation fee total. Please contact email@example.com for cancelations. No-shows will not receive a refund.***