Ford Holiday River Parade
November 29, 2019 | 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Location: 2 1/2 mile route, downtown River Walk
WEATHER UPDATE: THE National Weather Service forecasts foggy drizzle off and on throughout the afternoon and through the night with a small chance of very light rain. NO high winds or lightning in the forecast. All this means the parade is a GO!!! (updated 11/29 at 3:45 pm)
Raincoats and ponchos encouraged. Umbrellas allowed on back row seating only. Bring a shammi or towel to wipe down your chair.
Click above to purchase tickets. If you have already purchased tickets and need assistance,call E-tix at 1-800-514-3849. For online assistance click here
Ring in the holidays with this iconic night parade filled with lights, costumed float riders & music. Tickets are sold exclusively through this site!
2019 Parade Theme: "Texas Music Christmas." Each float will depict a Texas musician and their Christmas music.
2019 Grand Marshal: Billy Gibbons, One of the finest blues-rock guitarist from Texas and best known for his remarkable playing with ZZ Top
Other Texas Artist featured in the parade include: (all artists are confirmed at time of parade announcement, but are subject to change)
- Jimmie Vaughan, Four-time Grammy winner and a founding member of the Thunderbirds
- Patricia Vonne, Three-time Austin Music Award winner
- Randy Brooks, wrote Christmas classic, "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"
- Steve Earle, is an American rock, country, and folk singer-songwriter, and three-time Grammy award winner
- Jimmy Spacek, rock, soul and blues guitarist, latest release "Peace and Distortion"
- Patsy Torres, #1 Tejano album and Texas Talent Music Association's "Female Entertainer of the Year"
- Tish Hinojosa, release 17 albums, performed internationally featured artist on Austin City Limits
- Rosie Flores, Venuszine Magazine named her as one of the "Top 75 Greatest Female Guitarist of All Time"
- Archie Bell, Along with the Drells charted 20 singles in the '60s and '70s including #1 Billboard hit "Tighten Up"
- Van Wilks, Awarded Best Blues-Rock Band 4-years in a row by Austin Chronicle
- Little Joe, In 2001 he received the Smithsonian's Lifetime Legend Award. He and his band La Familia received multiple Grammy nominations.
- Juan Ortiz, Won the 2010 Grammy for Best Tejano Album and 2011 Latin Grammy in the same category for his violin work on an album by Little Joe y La Familia.
- Jefferson Clay, Singer-songwriter know for his soulful, blue and pops sound. Clay appeared on FOX-TV's The Four. Texas Music Pickers named him a "Breakthrough Artist"
- Stephanie Urbina Jones, First independent female artist to hit #1 on the Texas Music Chart. She has performed in 14 countries in the world's most distinguished festivals.
- Marcia Ball, Pianist, singer/songwriters, and blues performer. Her style is a mix of boogie-woogie, zydeco, and Louisiana swamp rock. Grammy-nominated artist.
- Zach Willard Band, Original Texas-style country music.
- Al Gomez, Trumpet player, composer, arranger, an all-around musician. Member of the original Westside Horns. He performs multiple genres of music-Tejano, blues, soul
- Albert Garcia, Saxophonist is the bandleader of Surprise Package. He is also the frontman for The Groove Doctors.
- Augie Meyers, Founding member of the international band The Sir Douglas Quintet and the Texas Tornadoes, Augie is a singer, songwriter, and the plays the Vox Continental.
- Las Tesoros de San Antonio, Tejano singers have been named National Heritage Fellows by the National Endowment for the Arts for carrying on the legacy of Tejano music.
- The Krayolas,Texas garage rock and powerpop legends — genuine, Mexified, San Antonio rock ‘n’ roll stars
- Bobby Flores - Grammy Winner, multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, arranger, producer, and composer. Inductee into Texas Western Swing Hall of Fame, Independent Country Music Hall of Fame, Country Music Association of Texas and many others
- Shelly Lares is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist and percussionist and has been nominated for Female Vocalist of the Year for thirteen consecutive years and won several other awards at the Tejano Music Awards.
- The music of other Texas artists being highlighted, but who will not appear in the parade: Selena, Ken Slavin, Flaco Jimenez, and Lou Ann Barton
An interactive map allows you to easily select your seats. Click on the seat you wish to purchase to add them to your online shopping cart. The map indicates ADA access points and seats. When you have selected all the seats you wish to purchase, you are ready to check-out. Small children may sit on an adult's lap without a ticket. However, if you would like a seat for your child, one must be purchased. Space is not available beside chairs for a stroller or a child carrying device. People in wheelchairs must purchase a ticket - the provided folding chair may be removed for the guest.
Print your tickets and map to bring with you on parade day. Gate numbers will be posted on the street level that corresponds to the gate number on your tickets.
Call 1-800-514-3849 for ticket assistance. Please do not call the San Antonio River Walk Association office. For online assistance click here
Tickets are non-refundable for any reason including cancellation of the event and acts of God.
|River Walk cleared of visitors for final preparation of seating|
|5pm||Gates Open to parade ticket-holders for access to the River Walk|
Christmas music performed at Arneson River Theatre (only for ticket holders in Area 4)
River Walk Lighting Ceremony - on the Arneson River Theatre stage at 7 pm. Parade-goers seated at the beginning of the parade route will have the lights on while viewing the parade.
Live Televised Broadcast of Parade, on CW35 in greater San Antonio viewing area. It is syndicated throughout the United States through New Year's Day. See separate event listing on this website.
The live parade lasts one hour from when you see the first float. This will depend on where you are seated on the parade route. See the clock on the ticketing main map for an approximate time when the first float is scheduled to appear in your seating area.
Free viewing areas (no need to purchase tickets) are available on a first-come-first-serve basis simply bring your own chairs. See map for designated areas offering "Sweet Seats" sponsored by Krispy Kreme Doughnuts of San Antonio. Locations: north side of the River Walk between Lexington Ave. and Richmond Ave. AND the south side of the River Walk between Richmond Ave. and Navarro St. AND the south side of the River Walk between Navarro St. and N. St. Mary’s St.