Confucius Wishing Lanterns On The Water
February 17, 2018 | 5:00PM - 7:00PM
Location: River Walk, Convention Center Lagoon (near Ruth's Chris Steak House)
Volunteer Opportunities available, click here for more info and to sign-up.
Enjoy an ethereal experience of casting lanterns into the river in honor of loved ones, hopes, dreams, and wishes. Admission is free, and lanterns are $5 each (sold at the event). Lanterns are eco-friendly and contain a floating LED candle. Yelp San Antonio will provide a decorating area that allows guest to personalize their lanterns. Entertainment includes Asian music and dance. Lanterns are cast into the river at 6:30pm.
Right Before the launch of the lanterns are cast in the river, and for two more weeks, six, 26-foot long floats carrying magically illuminated objects will appear from 7:00-9:00 PM each night.The last night to take-in the beauty is March 3. Enjoy the magically illuminated floats from anywhere along the downtown portion of the River Walk. This is a new feature starting in 2018. Witness the beginning of a new River Walk tradition.
A few things to know before you come to Confucius Wishing Lanterns on the Water:
1. Please bring cash (small bills) for a speedy lantern check-out
2. Lanterns will be sold on street level and river level
3. Two decorating zones available-street and river levels
4. Event will be held rain or cold weather (covered areas available)
5. Use Ruth Chris steakhouse for your Google Map search but proceed to the opposite side of the lagoon for the event
6. Bathrooms available on-site
7. Elevator access on site from street level to river level
8. Nearby parking garages: Shops at Rivercenter, the city garage located at the corner of Market and Bowie, valet parking at the Grand Hyatt Hotel
A photo of the exterior of the Convention Center where the event will be held is included in the photo gallery for this event.