October 25, 2019 | 6:00PM - 10:30PM
Location: Arneson River Theatre in La Villita, 418 Villita St. 78205
Registration begins at 6:00pm at the Arneson River Theater.
This event is FREE to attend, but you purchase a ticket to ride on a float: Click Here to Ride on a Float in the Haunted River Parade!
Have yourself a ghoulishly good time on the Haunted River with adult drinks, live music, food trucks, and a haunted river parade. The adult (18+) costume contest has $1,500 in total prize money up for grabs. First place in each all-adult category (Individual, Couple, Group) receives $250 and an additional $750 for the Grand Prize winner. Extreme Escape Haunted Photo Rooms- Free photos in a scary Instagram-worthy room. This is a popular event, planning on arriving early and staying late!
6:00-6:45PM- Adult Costume Contest Registration (free) By San Japan
6:00PM- Live Halloween-inspired Performance
6:00-10:00PM- Extreme Escape's Insta-Scary Haunted Photo Experience themed around Texas haunted legends with a free scary photo (Cos House)
7:00PM-8:00PM- Spirit Halloween Costume Contest
8:00PM-8:30PM- River Parade (passing Arneson River Theatre)
8:30PM-10:30PM- Live Band
10:30PM-2:00AM- official after-party at Bonham Exchange
Food Trucks: Garcia Concessions serving Aguas Frescas, lemonade, nachos, corn in a cup, fruit cups, turkey legs, and Italian Ice
Make sure to check out our Facebook event page for more information and updates!
Drink Responsibly at Haunted River- or it can get scary
Lyft Code Name: HAUNTEDRIVER19
- 50% off of 2 rides (up to $5/ride)
- Quick URL code: https://www.lyft.com/invite/hauntedriver19
Costume Contest Eligibility:
The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Participants must have a valid Social Security number in order for payment to be processed. Costumes must be in good taste. Judges will determine eligibility and have sole authority and discretion. No risqué or profane images or language incorporated in or on the costume are allowed.
Are you celebrating Halloween with your little ghouls and goblins? Please check-out Haunted River, Jr. for a more family-friendly vibe and trick-or-treating.The parade will float through the Shops at Rivercenter at approximately 8:30 p.m.
Need a costume? Head to one of the Spirit Halloween stores:
- San Pedro Location - 321 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78216
- Walzem Location - 5428 Walzem RoadSan Antonio, TX 78216
- Bandera Location - 11323 Bandera RdSan Antonio, TX 78250
- Highway 151 Location - 8203 State Highway 151, Ste 104 San Antonio, TX 78245
- Stone Oak Location - 23010 US Highway 281 N, Suite 1600 San Antonio, TX 78258
- Huebner Oaks Location - 11745 IH 10 West #501 San Antonio, TX 78230
- The Forum Location -14675 N IH 35 Selma, TX 78154
- SE Military Location - 185 SW Military San Antonio, TX 78221
- Wonderland of the America's Location -4522 Fredericksburg Rd Suite B 61 San Antonio, TX 78201
- New Braunfels Location - 651 N Business IH 35, Ste 530 New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Eagle Pass Location -455 South Bibb Avenue Ste 736 Eagle Pass, TX 78852
Special Features from the River Walk Restaurants
Chili's - $5 Fangtastic Margarita
Zocca Cuisine D'Italia - $25 Spooktacular Spaghetti Dinner
Hard Rock Cafe - Karaoke & DJ